What personal information do we collect?
When registering on our site you may be asked to enter your name, email address, home group, area, clean date, etc.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect from you is used in the following ways:
- You must provide your name and email address to contact us
- You must be registered to get the fullest use of this Website
- After you have registered, you will receive email alerts when new information is posted
How do we protect your information?
There is no such thing as a 100-percent secure Website; however, we will make every attempt to work with the most secure software available and take sensible precautions as Website administrators.
This Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, malware and vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who administer this Website and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all credit and sensitive information that you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
As Website administrators, we will follow these five principles of Website security:
- Update all software regularly
- Delete redundant files and extensions
- Create unique and difficult passwords
- Manage administrator access
- Make regular backups
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to any outside parties.
Fair Information Practice
The Fair Information Practice Principles are the essence of privacy law in the United States. In order to comply with FIPP, we will take the following responsive action should a data breach occur:
- We will notify our Website users via email within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
- We agree that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act sets the rules for email, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped and spells out penalties for violations. To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- We will not disseminate false or misleading information
- We will honor opt-out or unsubscribe requests promptly
Review and request for change
You may review and change your information at the Website or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and state your request.
Tampa Funcoast Area Narcotics Anonymous
P.O. Box 9730
Tampa, FL 33674-9730